Ukraine Programme Coordinator
Duty Station: Bratislava
Job terms: full-time contract (40 hours/week)
Starting date: ASAP
Gross salary: 1600 EUR/ depending on experience
About PIN SK:
People in Need (PIN) Slovakia is a Slovak non-profit organization, providing direct support to those who suffer the consequences of war, to victims of natural disasters, or those living in poverty on the margins of society. PIN SK was founded 1999 by a group of journalists moved by their experience of the devastating consequences of the conflict in Kosovo on civilians and has since then been providing humanitarian and development assistance worldwide. Currently, PIN Slovakia is one of the major humanitarian actors in Slovakia responding the Ukraine crisis both in Slovakia and across border in Ukraine.
For more information, please refer to: https://clovekvohrozeni.sk/people-in-need-slovakia/
General context in Ukraine:
PIN SK has been present in Ukraine since the tragic events in Kiev’s Maidan in February 2014 when PIN SK contributed to medical efforts and evacuation of civilians from combat zones. PIN SK continued project-based response in Ukraine through Shelter, WASH, Protection and MHPSS programming until February 24th, 2022 when the full-scale war started. PIN SK, from the first days, helped people fleeing the war – first at the borders and gradually inside Ukraine. Since the beginning of the invasion, PIN SK has provided the assistance worth more than €7,000,000 and helped more than 200,000 people in Ukraine and Slovakia.
Currently PIN SK team in Ukraine consists of around 70 staff, operating in Zakarpatiia Oblast providing Protection, Shelter and MHPSS assistance to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and their host communities.
Purpose of the position
Ukraine Programme Coordinator is a member of the Relief and Development Department (RDD) based at HQ. The main role is to support Ukraine country teams to implement programmes in the required and desired quality and against the donors’ requirements and set indicators. In addition, Ukraine Programme Coordinator represents Ukraine country teams before donors, partners and media as well as coordinates between respective counterparts in HQ to ensure timely and quality programmes implementation in the field. Ukraine Programme Coordinator serves as a bridge between HQ and Ukraine Country Office. This position’s purpose includes also operational tasks that will enable country programmes to work effectively. In case of any significant gaps or additional capacities required, Ukraine Programme Coordinator is responsible for supporting those in the field. Ukraine Programme Coordinator, under supervision of Head of RDD is responsible for supporting Ukraine Country Director in developing strategies and monitor the overall budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures coordination with relevant partners and other key platforms outside the country and is a focal point for donors’ HQs (unless all the communication is in-country);
- Ensures regular information exchange between HQ and Ukraine Country Office;
- Participates and contributes to Ukraine coordination meetings and reports back to Head of RDD;
- Links Ukraine Country Office to relevant HQ support departments and vice versa;
- Supports Ukraine Country Office in the adoption of quality standards, policies, rules and regulations introduced by the RDD and HQ management;
- Together with Ukraine Porgramme Team monitors the reporting deadlines and compliance with donor’s requirements and/or internal procedures;
- Assists MEAL Department in the preparation and timely completion of monitoring and evaluation plans, progress reports, in-depth reviews, learning documents, and growth plans; ensuring quality control of project deliverable;
- Checks quality and consistency of the reporting done by the country programme teams whenever required;
- Follows and analyses the humanitarian context in Ukraine, reviews the secondary data, reports and recent news and updates Ukraine teams and Head of RDD;
- Actively seeks and identifies new funding opportunities and coordinates with Country Programme Teams in fundraising area;
- Develops and maintains key stakeholder relationships with external stakeholders such as donors, institutions or international partners.
- Supports Ukraine Programme Teams with project developments and ensures compliance with donor’s priorities and eligibility requirements;
- Participates in the recruitment of new Ukraine staff (international staff) and facilitates new staff onboarding and travels;
- Together with Country Director and Programme and Finance Teams in Ukraine, closely coordinates with Finance Department in HQ to monitor overall expenditures and budget burn rate and reports potential financial risks;
- Together with Ukraine Communication and Programme Team, closely coordinates with Communication Department in HQ and develops visibility plans.
Performs any other tasks as required.
The successful candidate:
- Has a higher education (master) suitable for the position in the field of International Relations, Development Studies, Political Studies, Management or relevant;
- Has 2 years of experience in humanitarian sector or/and project cycle management, field experience will be considered as an asset;
- Has experience in building donor relations, project proposal development and writing;
- Has proven analytical and writing skills (project writing and reporting);
- Has knowledge in projects financial management;
- Has ability to work under pressure;
- Is fluent in written and spoken English (C1) and Slovak (C1), knowledge of Ukrainian and Russian is an asset;
- Has strong organizational and coordination skills;
- Has interpersonal and good communication skills;
- Understands of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
- Is available for short travels to Ukraine (western part).
What we Offer:
- Working experience with the professional and flexible international NGO;
- Possibility of growth and development within the department and humanitarian sector;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Additional 5 days of vacation;
- Additional 3 sick days;
- Flexible working hours in Bratislava office with the possibility of using a home office occasionally;
- Multisport Card;
- Access to Seduo educational platform.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending the CV and short motivation latter to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email „Programme Coordinator UA“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for first interview.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, the recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and PIN SK reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Pozn. Zaslaním vášho životopisu zároveň dávate súhlas so spracovaním a uchovaním vašich osobných údajov uvedených v životopise za účelom výberu kandidátov v súlade so zákonom 122/2013 Z.z.