Senior Project Manager / Position in Ukraine
Base: Uzhhorod and Zakarpattia region (Ukraine), subject to security
Duration: full-time, 12 months with the possibility of extension
Salary: 1 400 EUR
ABOUT PEOPLE IN NEED SLOVAKIA
People in Need Slovakia (PIN SK) is a Slovak non-profit organisation, providing direct support to those who suffer the consequences of war, to victims of natural disasters, or those living in poverty on the margins of society. Currently, PIN Slovakia is one of the major humanitarian actors in Slovakia responding the Ukraine crisis both in Slovakia and across border in Ukraine and we are looking for senior humanitarian professionals to help PIN Slovakia’s response to the escalating situation.
PIN SK has been active in eastern Ukraine along the ‘Line of Contact’ since 2014 in the fields of WASH, Shelter, psychosocial support or winterisation. Currently, our humanitarian programme in Western Ukraine focuses on psychosocial support, food security and livelihoods, shelter and non-food items.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Project Manager will oversee the overall implementation of the designated project(s), will manage a project activity plan, and maintain a budget overview. She/he/they will participate in proposal and narrative report writing, and will manage a small team. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for developing relations with donor(s).
- Oversee the overall implementation of the designated project(s) in coordination with the Grants and Strategic Partnership Manager, and in accordance with the project proposals ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget restrictions
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan for the designated project(s), overseeing the time framework, and take preventative and corrective action if and when necessary
- Support the Grants and Strategic Partnership Manager in the development and production of new concepts and proposals.
- Develop in collaboration with other senior managers and implement strategies appropriate to the context
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities and beneficiary numbers to PIN SK, donors, line managers and any other relevant bodies while ensuring documents are produced according to guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders and represent the organisation at relevant meetings in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships
- Plan and construct the budget(s) for the designated project(s), in collaboration with the supervising manager and team members
- Working with the Grants and Strategic Partnership Manager and financial manager to ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe, while suggesting preventive and corrective actions if necessary
- Monitor the spending of the designated project(s) to ensure they operate in line with PIN SK and donor guidelines for financial accounting and reporting practices.
- Managing a small team of 2-3 persons
- Facilitating regular meetings to ensure information flow, that all team members are aware of project activities and current work plans
- Minimum 3 year of relevant professional experience related to humanitarian work with preference on project management, coordination
- Advanced university degree in international relations or social science field, or comparable experience
- Problem solving and analytical skill within a humanitarian setting
- Good numerical, report writing and understanding of project cycle management
- Good management capacities
- Ability to take the initiative in project decisions
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Able to work well both within a team and independently, remaining flexible in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment
- Clear communication, presentation style, good interpersonal and diplomatic skills essential
PIN SK OFFERS
People in Need Slovakia offers:
- Salary 1400 EUR gross/month based on your experience and PIN’s salary scale (for full time),
- Per diems of cca. 1100 EUR net/month for Ukraine (37 EUR net/day)
- Housing in guesthouse covered by PIN Slovakia, if not – housing allowance of 200 EUR/month
- Travel health insurance for Ukraine
- Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
- 30 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Active participation in PIN SK growth and development as one of the biggest Slovakian humanitarian responder in Ukraine
Send your CV and cover letter (max.1 page) stating your experience relevant to this position to email@example.com. Include ‘Senior Project Manager’ in the subject line. The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
Please note, this is a consultancy contract and we are not able to process work permit for applicants outside of Europe.
PIN SK is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction of any kind, such as race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN SK welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and values diversity.
Please note that PIN SK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pozn. Zaslaním vášho životopisu zároveň dávate súhlas so spracovaním a uchovaním vašich osobných údajov uvedených v životopise za účelom výberu kandidátov v súlade so zákonom 122/2013 Z.z.