Junior Emergency Coordinator
Duty Station: Bratislava or Presov, Slovakia
Duration: 12 months with 3 months of probation period, possibility of extension after 12 months upon available funding
Salary: between 1400 EUR and 1800 EUR depending on experience
ABOUT PEOPLE IN NEED SLOVAKIA
About PIN SK:
People in Need (PIN) Slovakia is a Slovak non-profit organization, providing direct support to those who suffer the consequences of war, to victims of natural disasters, or those living in poverty on the margins of society. PIN SK was founded 1999 by a group of journalists moved by their experience of the devastating consequences of the conflict in Kosovo on civilians and has since then been providing humanitarian and development assistance worldwide. Currently, PIN Slovakia is one of the major humanitarian actors in Slovakia responding the Ukraine crisis both in Slovakia and across border in Ukraine.
For more information, please refer to: https://clovekvohrozeni.sk/people-in-need-slovakia/
Emergency Coordinator is a member of the Relief and Development Department (RDD) based at HQ. The primary objective of this role is to ensure the efficacy of emergency response and preparedness by focusing on capacity building, coordination, support activities, and security management. The Emergency Coordinator assumes responsibility for enhancing the organization’s emergency response capabilities through consistent updates to relevant manuals and policies, conducting pre-departure trainings, and providing support to the emergency preparedness system across missions and headquarters. This role plays a critical function in ensuring the organization’s prompt and effective response to emergencies, coordinating emergency response efforts, leading on ongoing emergency programs, maintaining security-related systems, and actively contributing to the organization’s broader humanitarian advocacy initiatives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Emergency preparedness and capacity building:
- Builds capacities of PIN SK staff in the emergency response, particularly through a regular update of the relevant PIN SK manuals and policies and provision of pre-departure trainings;
- Supports system of the of the emergency preparedness at the existing PIN SK missions and HQ;
- Analyzes the emergency triggers and provides regular updates to Head of Relief and Development Department;
- Develops and designes tools and methodologies for emergency needs assessments in the field;
- Prepares borad briefings on emergencies and recommends humanitarian crises to intervine (based on analyzed emergency triggers);
- Support during the crisis, participation at the Crisis Management Team (CMT).
- Supports establishment of programs during the sudden onset disasters during the intitial response and mission-stabilization phase (usually up to 2-3 months);
- Supports establishment of the response in conflicts and protracted crisis;
- Actively establishes partnerships with local responders;
- Develops short concept notes with local partners and ensures the review of those by Global Head of Programmes or Head of Relief and Development Department;
- Represents PIN SK in coordination meetings in the country of emergency;
- Actively fundraises in the country of emergency (donors) and respresents PIN SK in Slovak media for indvidual fundraising;
- Follows the development of humanitarian crisis and conflicts worldwide and suggests potential for PIN SK engagement;
- Supports the coordination with other humanitarian partners;
- Supports the establishment of the humanitarian response in Slovak Republic (flood-response, refugees or other unexpected activities);
- Leads on emergency related operational issues with the support of respective departments;
- Ensures that security protocol is followed during the emergency.
- Supports emergency assessments and preparation of the humanitarian programs (project proposals);
- Provides consultancy and supports the establishment of the adequate security systems in the humanitarian response and PIN SK’s missions;
- Actively coordinates with Global Head of Programmes in all programmatic aspects;
- Cultivates and strengthens relations with humanitarian partners, donors and networks;
- Follows humanitarian trends and innovations worldwide and integrates them into PIN SK’s emergency response;
- Supports PIN SK humanitarian advocacy efforts.
Performs any other tasks as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Has a higher education (master) suitable for the position in the field of International Relations, Development Studies, Political Studies, Management or relevant;
- Has 2 years of experience in humanitarian sector or/and project cycle management, field experience will be considered as an asset;
- Has experience with coordination mechanisms;
- Is familiar with the Project Cycle Management (PCM) and field data collection;
- Has proven analytical and writing skills (project writing and reporting);
- Has knowledge in projects financial management;
- Has understanding of the funding mechanisms;
- Is familiar with the conflicts settings and generic security protocols;
- Is fluent in written and spoken English (C1) and Slovak (C1), knowledge of any other languages is an asset;
- Has ability to work under pressure;
- Has reliable and self-reliant personality;
- Has strong organizational and coordination skills;
- Has interpersonal and good communication skills;
- Understands of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices;
- Is able to respond quickly to requests of the field deployment.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom. People in Need involves.
People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
„People in Need is committed to preventing any type
People in Need Slovakia offers:
- Working experience with the professional and flexible international NGO;
- Possibility of growth and development within humanitarian sector;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated teams in Slovakia and abroad;
- Additional 5 days of vacation;
- Additional 3 sick days;
- Flexible working hours in Bratislava office with the possibility of using a home office[A1] ;
- Multisport Card;
- Access to Seduo educational platform.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending their CV and short motivation letter to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email „Emergency Coordinator“.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for the first interview.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, the recruitment will be done on a rolling basis and PIN SK reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Pozn. Zaslaním vášho životopisu zároveň dávate súhlas so spracovaním a uchovaním vašich osobných údajov uvedených v životopise za účelom výberu kandidátov v súlade so zákonom 122/2013 Z.z.