Head of Relief and Development Department PIN Slovakia
Place of work: Bratislava
Type of employment: full time
Salary: 1 800 EUR/month (depending on experience)
People in Need (PIN) Slovakia is a leading Slovak NGO, providing direct support to those who suffer the consequences of war, to victims of natural disasters, or those living in poverty on the margins of society. Since 1999, we have provided a helping hand to people in 29 countries around the world, as well as in Slovakia. Currently, PIN Slovakia is one of the major humanitarian actors from Slovakia responding the Ukraine crisis both in Slovakia and across border in Ukraine.
We are part of the international People in Need network and are structurally and programmatically linked to People in Need in Czech Republic. Thanks to this partnership we are able to combine our strength as one of the biggest NGOs in Slovakia with that of People in Need in Czech Republic as one of the biggest NGOs in central Europe.
Our Humanitarian and Development Department currently operates in 4 countries (Ukraine, Lebanon, Moldova and Kenya), with the biggest country programme in Ukraine following the outbreak of war. Our humanitarian programmes focus on nutrition, shelter/non-food items and psychosocial support, while our development programs aim to promote good governance and supporting sustainable livelihoods. The department team currently counts 45 staff members with a yearly budget of cca 3 Mio EUR.
Under the current evolving context and upscaling of our activities, we are looking for a Head of Relief and Development Department to develop, manage and lead the implementation of PIN Slovakia’s Relief and Development programme.
Head of Relief and Development Department:
- provides overall programmatic strategy and identifies strategic opportunities for expanding the department portfolio,
- identifies new sources of funding, designs programmes, contributes to the development of new project proposals, liaises with donors and negotiates partnerships,
- leads the department staff, including technical guidance provision, recruitment, performance management, well-being and development,
- enables and oversees high-quality and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies and in accordance with PIN Slovakia procedures and specific donor requirements,
- leads the further development of an effective MEAL system,
- ensures sound financial management of the department budgets,
- represents PIN Slovakia towards government partners, regional and local authorities, donors, international organizations, as well as other relief and development organizations, supports communication efforts of the department,
- participates in the decision-making of PIN Slovakia’s Management Team,
- performs other duties as required.
Head of Relief and Development Department reports to the Director of People in Need Slovakia.
PERSONALITY REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- University degree in relevant field
- At least 3-5 years in managing/overseeing development or humanitarian projects, field work experience will be an asset
- At least 3 years in managing portfolios (multiple projects/managers)
- Proven experience with donor relations, project proposal development and writing; knowledge of Slovak and EU donor environment desirable
- Expertise in any of PIN SK’s programmatic priorities will be considered an asset
- Proven analysis and report writing skills
- Excellent spoken and written English AND Slovak, Czech or Polish
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile
- Reliable and self-reliant personality
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Responsible and systematic
- Availability for short-term travel to the field
EMPLOYEE PERKS, BENEFITS
- Work experience with one of the leading NGOs in Slovakia, which is currently rapidly developing and growing
- Work in a dynamic and highly motivated team
- Salary: starting from 1800 EUR brutto depending on experience
- 25 days of holiday per year with additional 5 days for professional development
- Regular content support and trainings, cooperation and exchange of experience with People in Need network
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and motivation letter by 20. 10. 2022 to email@example.com. As a subject please use „Head of RDD“. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you. People in Need Slovakia applies the principle of equal opportunities in recruitment and excludes any form of discrimination.