Job Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Head of Relief and Development Department:
- manages and supervises the small team covering PIN SK’s relief and development work, provides guidance to the staff and builds capacity within the team
- provides strategic direction and identifies strategic opportunities, emerging issues and trends for the possible involvement of PIN SK and expansion of its programmes
- manages finances and human resources of the department
- oversees the implementation of PIN SK’s projects in the thematic areas of humanitarian aid, livelihoods, education in emergencies and good governance and civil society development
- in cooperation with the Emergency Coordinator, ensures PIN SK’s emergency preparedness and response are up-to-date and in line with quality standards
- ensures quality control and develops PIN SK’ M&E
- ensures timely and high quality reporting to donors and management
- networks with donors and key stakeholders to actively seek funding opportunities, coordinates and contributes to development of new project proposals
- represents PIN SK at meetings with government partners, regional and local authorities, donors
- participates in the decision-making of PIN SK’s Management Team
- performs other duties as required.
Head of Relief and Development Department reports to the Director of People in Need Slovakia.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the field of relief/development
- At least one previous long-term (more than 6 months) field work experience (more than one field work experience preferred)
- Proven experience in strategic program planning and project cycle management
- Proven experience with donor relations, project proposal development and writing; knowledge of Slovak and EU donor environment desirable
- University degree in relevant field
- Excellent spoken and written English AND Slovak, Czech or Polish
- Excellent communication skills
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile
- Reliable and self-reliant personality
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Responsible and systematic
- Availability for short-term travel to the field
- Work experience with a small and flexible NGO, which is growing and aspires to be the leading NGO in its field in Slovakia
- Work in a dynamic and highly motivated team
- Salary: starting from 1400 EUR brutto depending on experience
- 25 days of holiday per year with additional 5 days for professional development
- Regular content support and trainings, cooperation and exchange of experience with People in Need network
How to apply:
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and motivation letter by 5th December 2019 to email@example.com. As a subject please use „Head of RDD“.
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
People in Need Slovakia (Človek v ohrození – PIN SK) is a leading Slovak NGO providing relief and development assistance. Since 1999, we have provided a helping hand to people deprived of human dignity and freedom due to consequences of war, natural disasters, suppression of authoritarian regimes or conditions of deep poverty – in 29 countries around the world as well as in Slovakia. We are a proud member of the People in Need network operating from Central Europe.
People in Need Slovakia applies the principle of equal opportunities in recruitment and excludes any form of discrimination.