Grant Manager / Proposal Writer (Ukraine)
People in Need Slovakia (PIN SK) is looking for an experienced and driven ’Grant Manager / Proposal Writer’ candidate to join the field project team in Ukraine. The position will significantly contribute to the PIN SK projects in eastern Ukraine.
The Grant Manager / Proposal Writer will be responsible for field visits, brainstorming and coordination with local partners and will also look for potential opportunities and gaps, and oversee end-to-end proposal writing, from concept note, proposal/budget development, to final submission.
This will include writing proposal independently and/or in collaboration with the HQ, ensuring appropriate technical input, ensuring all required annexes are completed on time, and managing the review and revision process. In addition, the Senior Proposal Writer will advise on all compliance requirements.
Contract duration: Nov 2021 – April 2022 (6-month contract with a potential extension)
Workplace: eastern Ukraine (Sloviansk)
Payment: 2000 USD / month with a significant salary increase after the first 3 months (travel costs/flights, insurance, communication and accommodation are also covered for 3 months)
- Coordinate with our local partner NGOs and conduct field visits of the project activities.
- Networking with potential partners and looking for project themes for future programming.
- Serve as lead writer for donor-funded proposals, mainly in the areas of good governance, WASH and livelihoods, in accordance with PIN SK and donor requirements.
- Gather and monitor information on funding opportunities, provide regular inputs regarding development opportunities, ensuring the team is fully aware of all opportunities and proposals.
- Develop project narratives by collecting and integrating contributions from the field.
- Write strong proposal content (objectives, outcomes, staffing, budget, M&E) according to a consistently high standard and suited to different audiences.
- Identify, coordinate and ensure the timely completion of all activities needed for successful proposal generation.
- 3+ years experience and proven success in writing competitive project proposals greater than 200 000 EUR in good governance, WASH and livelihood sectors for key FOI (foundations, organisations, institutions) and donors.
- Experience / background in project programming.
- Excellent English (written and verbal).
- Excellent time management with the ability to create proposal content according to a consistently high standard and suited to different audiences.
- Independence, creativity, flexibility.
- Competitive remuneration
- A rewarding and dynamic work experience
- Creative environment and self-realisation
- The chance to be part of an international and supportive team
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and cover letter (max.2 pages) stating your experience relevant to this position to email@example.com no later than by 15 October 2021. Include ‘Grant Manager/Proposal Writer’ in the subject line.
The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
Please note, this is a consultancy contract and we are not able to process work permit for applicants outside of Europe/Ukraine.
ABOUT PIN SK
People in Need Slovakia (PIN SK) was established in 1999. Since then, we have been operating in 27 countries, combating poverty and helping people live in dignity. PIN SK provides humanitarian aid in critical regions around the world to support people in crises and helps individuals overcome challenging circumstances, so they can get back on their feet. The first humanitarian intervention of PIN SK in Ukraine started after the conflict in 2014. Since then, we have been managing multiple projects focused on WASH, psychosocial support, shelter and basic assistance for vulnerable communities.
PIN SK is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on any grounds including race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN SK welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and value diversity.
Please note that PIN SK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.