FIN: Senior finance manager – Relief and development department
Miesto práce: Bratislava
Druh pracovného pomeru: plný úväzok
Mzda: 2000 EUR/mesiac (skutočná výška mzdy bude upravená v závislosti od skúseností)
Purpose of the position
The Finance Manager supervises the finance and accounting of the PIN SK’s Relief and Development Department including its programmes in Ukraine, Lebanon, Moldova and Kenya. S/he is responsible for overall Financial Management, including planning and budgeting, accounting, treasury, financial controls, reporting. With the support and cooperation with the Head of RDD s/he is responsible for creation and management of the master budget as well as for the development of the financial policies, tools and instructions for RDD and its country programmes. S/he ensures overall compliance with internal and donors’ policy and quality requirements, international accounting and financial standards, as well as local legislation and donor regulations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Finance and Accounting
1. Develop financial policies and procedures according to international standards, legislations, PIN SK policies and donors’ requirements and ensure that they are followed within finance and RDD departments including country programmes;
2. Oversee the fulfilment of all financial reporting requirements for internal and external stakeholders, including timely and precise accounting;
3. Work in close cooperation with PIN the Director of Finance, Head of RDD and Finance Teams in countries of programmes in following technical guidance as well as seeking timely support or advice when necessary;
4. Ensure that effective systems are put in place, and regularly reviewed, to allow adequate financial management and control of;
5. Ensure correct documentation for annual audits and tax audits;
6. Oversee cashflows for programme countries;
7. Review financial systems, policies, procedures of regarding donor compliance;
8. Oversee preparation of accurate and timely annual statutory financial statements;
9. Coordinate internal and external audits and audit follow-up.
Budgeting and Planning
1. Assist the Head of RDD in the management of RDD resources and projects through:
a. Formulation of cost allocations of shared costs;
b. Allocation of resources to support activities;
c. Providing effective support and guidance to the country teams in Ukraine, Kenya, Lebanon and Moldova during planning and allocation exercises;
d. Monitoring implementation of donor agreements and resource utilization;
e. Highlighting variances between planned allocations and usage, provide analyses and recommend resolution or reallocation of resources.
2. Prepare RDD Master annual budget based on available and projected funds in cooperation with Country Directors and Head of RDD;
3. Oversee the submission timely and accurate financial reporting to the donors;
4. Identify and effectively manage financial risks. Develop and implement mitigation measures;
5. Develop and track master budget to ensure proper coverage of all budget lines;
6. Oversee budget development for new proposals;
7. Ensure budget holders in RDD understand and fulfil their responsibilities;
8. Ensure that Project Cycle Management Guidelines are followed.
1. Ensure that all donors’ requirements are appropriately implemented as stated in all agreements;
2. Ensure that PIN SK’s internal finance management policies are adhered to;
3. Optimize the use of resources within RDD so as to make operations as cost-effective as possible;
4. To closely cooperate with Operations and HR Teams to make sure that all the documents for financial reporting have a desired quality and meet reporting requirements.
Staff Management and Development
1. Ensure that the Finance Teams in country programmes are correctly staffed;
2. Ensure that the Finance Teams understand their responsibilities and are able to perform their roles;
3. Manage the RDD Finance Teams; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly;
4. Incorporate staff development strategies.
ČO BY TO BOLA ZA PRÁCA BEZ BENEFITOV? TIETO TI PONÚKAME MY
• Opportunity to travel to PIN SK’ countries of operations and being involved in establishment of new branches;
• Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
• 30 days of paid leave annually; additional 3 sick days;
• Active participation in PIN SK growth and development as one of the biggest Slovak humanitarian responders.
AKO SI ŤA PREDSTAVUJEME:
- 1. Higher education (master) suitable for the position in the finance related field;
- 2. At least 2 years’ field experience in operating in a complex organization;
- 3. Experience with financial project management and compliance with various institutional donors;
- 4. Minimum 2 years of management experience in a corporate or an INGO environment, including development and implementation of strategic and operational support services;
- 5. Demonstrated interpersonal skills;
- 6. Demonstrated ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- 7. Experience in audit preparation and audit support, experience in taxation, tax declaration and tax audits;
- 8. Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- 9. Strictly respect deadlines. Anticipate and communicate on potential roadblocks and how to solve them;
- 10. Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly Microsoft 365;
- 11. Advanced oral and written communication skills;
- 12. Fluency in English required, Slovak or another language will be considered as an asset.
- „People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in need is involved. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.“
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending the CV and short motivation latter to the email address: email@example.com with the subject of the email „RDD Finance Manager“.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for first interview.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, the recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and PIN SK reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Pozn. Zaslaním vášho životopisu zároveň dávate súhlas so spracovaním a uchovaním vašich osobných údajov uvedených v životopise za účelom výberu kandidátov v súlade so zákonom 122/2013 Z.z.