Place of work: Comrat, Moldova
Contract type: full-time
Period of work: October 2019 – August 2020
Salary: 1100 EUR gross + daily allowances
The Relief and Development Department is looking for a field worker for 11 months for the project “Engaging municipalities and civil society for development of Gagauzia and Taraclia regions”, whose main objective is to increase effectiveness of municipalities‘ functioning and strengthen civil society in these two regions.
People in Need Slovakia is a non-profit organization whose aim is to help people who are in greatest need. Since 1999, we have provided a helping hand to those deprived of human dignity and freedoms due to all sorts of circumstances. To people suffering the consequences of war; victims of natural disasters or those who live under the suppression of authoritarian regimes or in conditions of deep poverty. Since our establishment, we have been helping people who have found themselves in a crisis situation around the world, as well as in Slovakia. Our aim is to contribute to the creation of an open, tolerant and solidary society in Slovakia through educational activities.
- Management of the project supported by SlovakAid and implemented in cooperation with a local partner organization in Gagauzia
- Coordination of the project team (project coordinator, finance manager) and experts involved in the project
- Cooperation with the partner organization, work with project beneficiaries (municipalities and youth activists) and other stakeholders
- Planning and implementation of project activities including their content development
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project results
- Establishing and maintaining good relations with relevant international and local stakeholders in the scope of this project and potential new projects
- Participation in creation of new project proposals
- Capacity-building of the project team on topics of good governance and civil society
- Additional tasks as required
What do we expect?
- At least a BA degree in development or humanitarian studies, international relations, international law, human rights, or other related fields
- Excellent level (verbal and written) of English and good level of Russian, Slovak language is an advantage
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, experience in supporting civil society and good governance (transparency and streamlining services for citizens) is an advantage
- A good understanding of the political problems and trends in the Eastern Partnership region, a professional focus on Moldova is an advantage
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Flexibility and ability to work independently under time pressure
- Reliable and independent personality
- Dynamic and results-oriented personality
- Proven ability to work independently and as an effective part of a team
What do we offer?
- Your work will be meaningful
- You will receive responsibility and confidence in your skills as well as support from the entire team
- Informal working environment
- Possibility of professional growth
To join us, send your CV, cover letter and short essay (in English, max. 1 page) on „Role of Slovak NGOs in strengthening good governance in Eastern Partnership countries“ by 5th September 2019 to email@example.com, as a subject please use: „Field Coordinator – Moldova“.
People in Need Slovakia applies the principle of equal opportunities in recruitment and excludes any form of discrimination.